Gene Babon's Reviews > The Sales Bible, Revised Edition

The Sales Bible, Revised Edition by Jeffrey Gitomer

Jun 20, 09

bookshelves: strategy
Read in January, 2009

Jeffrey Gitomer is one of the more prolific contemporary writers on the topic of sales. The Sales Bible is one of his more recent efforts and it follows the Gitomer formula: no time to waste; make every word count. While I don't describe myself as a sales professional, I do believe every person who receives compensation for a service (employees, freelancers, small business owners, etc.) needs to develop sales skills.

The Ultimate Sales Resource is a valuable addition to any professional's "getting more business" library. Gitomer's 10.5 Commandments of Sales Success are concise and impactful. Here are two of my favorites:

#9 Earn | Sell for the relationship, not the commission.
#10 Prove | One testimonial is worth one hundred sales pitches.

After outlining his Commandments, Gitomir opens the fire hose to present his strategies in the form of books (The Book of Objections, The Book of Persistence, etc.). Quickly, the recommendations careen into The Book of Overload. It is best to digest these recommendations in small chunks and implement a few ideas over time.

If you are looking for an introduction to the Gitomer approach to sales, consider his 2004 classic The Little Red Book of Selling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sales Bible, Revised Edition.