Heidi Rice's Reviews > Summer at Seaside Cove

Summer at Seaside Cove by Jacquie D'Alessandro

Mar 13, 12

Read from March 08 to 13, 2012

Wow, just finished. Nick and Jamie literally leap off the page at you (when they're not steaming it up that is). Particularly enjoyed their early encounters which were laugh out loud funny as well as being very Hot! Just the sort of book I love with lots of sparkling dialogue, very funny internal thought (even the dog's eye view was spot-on) a great setting (suddenly have a desire to go to the little island of Seaside Cove and attend a clam festival - not something I would have previously expected of myself). And an engaging roster of secondary characters, particularly Jamie's drama-prone mum Maggie, who finds herself knocked up at 46! All in all a great read.

What is a little surprising was that after I'd put it down it occurred to me that the conflict isn't as intense as I usually like it, much of what Jamie and Nick have to work through is external conflict, but Jacquie somehow totally got away with it, I still wanted to read on, and in the end it made for a surprisingly subtle and satisfying read. Definitely want to read Jamie's stuck-up sister Laurel's story now. But can't imagine her hero can possibly be as hot as Nick... Can you tell, I already have withdrawal symptoms.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer at Seaside Cove.