Primero's Reviews > Torn

Torn by Amanda Hocking

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: the-sequels-reading-challenge-2012, favorite
Read from March 10 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

I couldn't put this book down. The writing style was really easy to read. The plot was mind-blowing. I really can't wait to read the last book of this trilogy. I have to say I really liked Finn but after he reveal something at the end of the book I kind of disappointed with him. But then again. It made him not too perfect. It made him more real. I liked that. And I liked Loki. I really want to know how the author going to end this story. April couldn't come any faster!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torn.

Patricia You said you were kind of disappointed in Finn towards the end of the book but I am still thinking what could have put you down.

Primero The fact that he didn't jealous of Wendy when she decided to marry Tove because (view spoiler) And I thought maybe he wasn't the right guy for Wendy. That's why I was disappointed.

Patricia Goodness me! Tove is gay! I didn't know that!!!! lol! I know, he let me down when he didn't have the slightest intention of fighting for her and all that...besides, Loki is plenty yummy on his own, and eligible...anywa...Tove gay! lol!

Primero Oh my God!!! I'm so sorry!! I thought you finished reading this book otherwise I wouldn't type that! That spoiler I hide was just in case someone accidentally read it.

Patricia no problem! I am reading ascend now, I know there is zero chemistry between them, tey kissed once rehearsing for the wedding and all that but I never thought he was gay, it makes sense though.
Don not worry, I don't mind knowing that, it gives me hope for Wendy's future :)

Primero Oh, that was a relief. I don't like spoiler so I try not to spoiled everyone else.
Wait, Tove being gay was reveal in book 2... did you somehow miss that part?

Patricia I must have! I am thinking of re reading it because I didn't get it at all...when do they say that he is gay?

Primero Almost at the end of the book where Wendy was arguing with Finn. I can't remember which chapter. I'm at my office now, let me check when I back home.

Patricia nah, it is ok, now I know what you are talking about, I think that's why Finn wasn't jealous about Tove, he kind of implied that. Sometimes I am reading and totally getting into it and sometimes looking after Martín and reading is kind of tough

Primero I know, being mother is a full time job, not that I have a kid but when I was in collage I was a kindergarten teacher training for a semester. I was exhausted everyday after school but at least I got a time to rest. Mothers don't.

Patricia yeah, it's a 24/7 job...anyway...or I have a very bad copy of the book or I can't actually see when it is said he is gay....I got all the details about Finn not being bothered at all and I guess that's the whole implication...lol! I can't even see what's pretty obvious for everyone!

Primero Which edition is yours? Mine is UK. Tove being gay was revealed in chapter 27, on page 284. There was also bonus short story; Finn, Tove and Loki's POV at the end of the book.

Patricia jeez, mine is kindle and doesn't have any extras...I'll have a look at it