Ari's Reviews > I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: mm-romance
Read from March 08 to 11, 2012

So, this is my first military reading and I like it!
I haven't yet read Special Forces series so i don't have image conflict in my mind about soldier/military image :))

Ryan Gracin is twenty two years old when he joins the Army after his parents rejection of him being gay. Enters Phillip Grabowski, the legendary killer Sergeant Drill in his unit. Ryan trying very hard to refrain himself from his attraction toward Phillip, but apparently he's not alone. *snickers*

But their love still have a long windy road to get those two get together, and have happily ever after life. Thats a war waiting ahead in front of them...

This story taken Iraqi war as its background, but don't take it wrong. The Iraqi war was just only a background, so yes, they go to Iraq but the story doesn't get a closer scoop on it. We only read it from their communication through emails.

The story came with laughters, a lot, a bit angsty in the middle; when the boys get assignment in the field, and the emotion explodes when one of them got serious injure.

I thoroughly enjoy the reading; the romance is sweet and cute, the characthers are likeable and the story making me laugh, a lot. My only complaint is there's so many military acronym which I couldn't figure it out.

R & R : REST & RECOVERY (?)
PT : PERSONNEL TRAINEE (?)

...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier.