Jessica's Reviews > AngelKiller

AngelKiller by H. David Blalock

Mar 09, 12

Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

This is a book that has had me curious. The blurb alone is interesting and while many a story is based on the basic premise of good v evil in this case the evil having won and are still waging the battle.

How curious to think that we live our lives and what with wars and religion being such big players in the lives of humans that we assume that good has won when in fact they have lost. You start to think of the world differently. I love that the story played with my head that way. I love that it’s short only about 200 pages but breezes by such an easy enjoyable read. The end in particular I couldn’t stop till I was done.

In addition to this interesting story point was that the Angelkillers yes they are the good guys hunting down evil would communicate in a very WOW like cyber world. The fact that this was how they stayed in touch was interesting in particular at the end with the big reveal. A story based on the age old good v evil played out in cyberspace was a fresh spin and one I really enjoyed. I like how out of the box it was, I really appreciated the uniqueness the author brought to the story.

Two things about the book. It is part one of a trilogy so character development was basic, in 200 pages the story was the focus. Not something that was bad or I could fault the author for simply that I found it more story driven than character focused. Second sometimes I found the characters confusing Azrael and Azazeal being the main issue.

I’m really looking forward to the next books in the story and hope that the good guys finally win. Yes I’m one of those people.Total must add to the TBR list.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read AngelKiller.