Chanpreet's Reviews > Compulsively Mr. Darcy

Compulsively Mr. Darcy by Nina Benneton

Mar 07, 12

Read in March, 2012

I'm a huge Jane Austen fan and Pride and Prejudice is one my favorites of hers. This new modern take on it is interesting. While based on P&P, it is very loosely based, making it different. There is an Asian twist, medical angle, and addition of neuroses to make this adaptation stand out. And the character roles for some members of he cast in this book are 180 degrees different from in the actual book.

While I enjoyed reading the book, I do think there were some parts of this book which were over the top. Dr.Elizabeth Bennett is a 28 year old virginal infectious diseases specialist. Fitzwilliam Darcy is a billionaire who has an intense distrust and like of doctors and hospitals due to some trauma related to his mother's death. While the story is updated with the addition of sex, I felt it was overdone in the second half of the book.

I must admit my favorite scene in the book is a sex scene involving the medical names of bacteria. But I would find that entertaining, being in the medical field. You'll have to read it yourself to see what I mean. And kudos to Ms.Benneton for such a daring debut. I'm hoping she'll write more books about the Bennett sisters. I'm hoping to read more about Richard and Mary especially.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Compulsively Mr. Darcy.