Winnie's Reviews > The Goddess Legacy

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

Oct 01, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read in May, 2012

Wow! What an amazing journey! I am astounded. Sensational! Five great stories, heart –wrenching, exciting, wincing and cheering, though I can’t bring myself to feel too badly for any of the Greek gods, well …Er… except for Hades- Henry because they are psychos!
Aimee Carter is a very talented writer! Carter is just too much and I can’t wait for the next chapter of her writing career… after the Goddess test series because Carter tells stories that captivates and bring old tales back to existence anew. I never get tired of the way Aimee Carter portrays her Greek gods and it’s amazing to read about their actions and reactions to certain issues. Honestly, its just plain weird! And the Drama! OMG! Kate has a lot to fix in her new family, and I am glad she has the strength to take them on because after reading this book, I am certain she is what the gods need. The Goddess legacy was no different from Carter’s books it was enriching, fascinating, emotionally draining and I loved every minute I spent reading this masterpiece. I love how some of our questions where answered and I smiled at Henry’s reaction when he’d first seen Kate and hers to him! The only problem I had with this book, is that it was too short especially Henry/Hades tale, but no matter I would let my imagination go wild.
Okay… when they say “the gods must be crazy”, this book took that phrase literally! Take Hera/Calliope for instance, I understand everything she’d went through and I understand she didn’t get the life she’d wanted, but in the end… she became the worst of the lot! She is prideful and ruthless and bitter! I almost felt sorry for her… Almost. I didn’t! Serves her right! Zeus, well what can I say? He is the male version of his wife; the only difference is that she believes in fidelity in a way and Zeus not so much! The maddening aspect, in a good way … of this book, is seeing that the gods act like teens, and are ruled by their emotions, it was comical and I finally realized that each one of the gods doesn’t really merit to be called a god…. Er… Well… Hades does and Kate too. All I can say is that this book rocked! And I will read it over and over again despite how royally messed up and dysfunctional this family is... er… except for Hades …Agh! Henry. I can’t wait until the third and final book The goddess Inheritance! Well-done Aimee Carter!
A big thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin publishers for the Advanced Readers Copy of The Goddess Legacy expected publication date July 31st , 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Legacy.

05/28/2012
17.0% "omg, this is too good! The gods must be crazy and Hera, who does she think she is... WOW! for gods, they are all dumb! fucking greek gods!"
05/29/2012
47.0% "freaking greek gods! Are you kidding me? Drama!"
05/29/2012
47.0% "freaking greek gods! Are you kidding me? Drama!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin It's 5 novellas, each with a different POV. POV's are Calliope, Ava, Persephone, HENRY, and James.

Winnie Erin wrote: "It's 5 novellas, each with a different POV. POV's are Calliope, Ava, Persephone, HENRY, and James."

Nice… Thanks

message 3: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn That sounds like a book I definitely don't want to miss.

Winnie Jenn wrote: "That sounds like a book I definitely don't want to miss."
Me too.

message 5: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn I don't like the change in the cover though, they had pretty much the same girl on all the other covers, now they've got this blond chick instead.

message 6: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Jenn wrote: "I don't like the change in the cover though, they had pretty much the same girl on all the other covers, now they've got this blond chick instead."

I think it's because the girl on the other books is supposed to be Kate, and since she doesn't have a story in this book they had to put a different girl on the cover.

message 7: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn I still like Kate better lol.

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I think the girl on the cover suppose to be Persephone.

Winnie Amy wrote: "I think the girl on the cover suppose to be Persephone."

Is Persephone blonde?

message 10: by Tia (new) - added it

Tia Persephones hair changed colors with the seasons. All the to black in the winter. In the photo in Henrys room in Eden manor persephones hair was blonde- strawberry blonde