D.C.'s Reviews > Western Ties

Western Ties by Mari Carr

Mar 07, 2012

Read from March 07 to 08, 2012

SYNOPSIS:
How strong are the ties that bind?
Leah Hollister’s sex life needs a swift kick in the pants. Small-town Compton Pass, though, isn’t the place to explore her need for bondage. When she gets an invitation to a BDSM party out in LA, she wastes no time booking a flight.
Her plan to play anonymously is shot to hell when she runs into high-school crush Sawyer Compton—and he lays immediate claim to her.
Sawyer Compton commands total control, in and out of the bedroom. He never thought Leah could handle his darker urges, but one look at the white bracelet that marks her as a sub ripe for the picking, and he knows exactly how this night is going to end. With Leah in his bed.
Leah didn’t expect to enjoy the comfort Sawyer’s familiarity brings, even as his touch takes her to unimaginable heights of pleasure. When bad news from home sends him reeling, she’s more than prepared to offer him anything he needs: her body, her friendship. Even her heart—if Sawyer can loosen the reins over his own to accept her love.
Warning: Invest in tissues. Lots and lots of tissues. Between spicy, set-the-sheets-on-fire bondage romps and the last Compass brother coming home, you'll need them.

REVIEW:
I gotta say, when I was first introduced to this series, I wasn’t expecting what I found. The series is packed full of entertainment, scorching hot scenes, and touching memories that always left me wanting more. Western Ties is the fourth book in the Maci Carr/Jayne Rylon, The Compass Brother series. These two did not disappoint with the last book in the series and for the first time, EVER, I found myself fighting back tears at the story. It was very touching and while it broke your heart a bit, the ending left off with everything being a-okay.

For those who may be interested in reading the series, it is recommended to start with the first book, Northern Ties and work your way down. It makes the story throughout the four books that much sweeter and simpler to follow. You may also want to make sure to read the back cover on these books before dedicating your reading time. The overall point of the four books is not for the faint of heart. ;)

All in all, I give Western Ties 5 out of 5 stars and would recommend to anyone looking to connect with some romance, humor, and a bit of sweet endings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Western Ties.