Carrie's Reviews > The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, historical
Read from March 07 to 10, 2012

It’s been a long time since I read a book that grabbed my attention and didn’t let it go. Rachel Hauck’s The Wedding Dress is pure magic. From the way Charlotte discovers the dress to how the search to locate the previous owners every element of the story weaves together in a magnificent tapestry of romance.

The theme of love and marriage links each of the four women in this story together. Each had to face their own personal issues and obstacles to marry the man they loved but somehow managed to find the strength do just that.

I loved how the wedding dress played such a key role in each relationship but in very different ways. For Emily the dress is her way of taking a stand and making a statement against the injustices of the world. Mary Grace’s time with the dress leads to a long, happy, and fulfilling life with the man she has loved since she was a young girl. Hillary’s time with the dress ultimately ends in tragedy but she sees how her marriage, albeit short, brought comfort and security to her husband during a dark time. And Charlotte finally saw what was right in front of her: despite the whirlwind romance and short engagement, Tim truly is the man meant for her.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. It’s a well written engaging story that will make you believe in the magic of a wedding dress that can fit anyone. Five stars!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Dress.