Donna McBroom-Theriot's Reviews > Against the Night

Mar 08, 12

Read in March, 2012

Against the Night by Kat Martin
March 8, 2012

Kat Martin is an author who knows how to spin a tale (of course, she is a bestselling author of over fifty Historical and Contemporary Romance novels with over twelve million copies of her books sold world-wide in twenty foreign countries) and she still manages to come up with a great story line. Against the Night is refreshing, tantalizing, and full of mystery.

In Against the Night, I enjoyed the story line as it moved along at a satisfying pace, yet kept me guessing at every turn. The characters were well developed and likable, even downright lovable. The book opened with a great beginning that instantly kept me turning the pages. Against the Night has sex, intrigue, sexy intrigue, love, and passion.

Take a naïve kindergarten schoolteacher from Grand Rapids, Michigan pretending to be a stripper, who has the hots for an ex-soldier bounty hunter hunk of a guy, and toss in a major drug cartel and you’re cooking up a gumbo in a cast iron pot.

Against the Night was a fully developed story from the beginning to the middle to the end. I did not come across any grammatical errors. As with all of her books, Kat Martin has done an amazing job of presenting the reader with a wonderful love story chocked full of love and mystery and intrigue that will have you turning the pages faster than you ever dreamed imaginable, and leaving you breathlessly satisfied in the end.

Against the Night is the fifth in the Against series, and the only one I have read. Although it is my understanding that some of the characters from the previous books make an appearance in this book, I would consider it a stand-alone book.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Against the Night.