Patricia Kemp Blackmon's Reviews > Touching the Sky

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: bethany-house-review-copy
Read from July 13 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy

Touching the Sky by Tracie Peterson
1865 in Corpus Christi, Texas you would think that people were glad the war between the North and South was over. Some were glad although they were still suffering the after effects of the war.

Laura Marquardt hurried along the street when she was confronted by some scruffy looking Confederate soldiers. She recognized one of the men. She thought if she was polite they would not see her fear. But they cursed her for being a Union supporter and a traitor to the South and accosted her. A couple of Union soldiers came upon them and ordered them to release the lady. The rebels did not cotton to taking orders from Black Union soldiers so they just laughed and ran. A White Union officer by the name of Captain Reid approached and boldly took matters in his hands. Without any further ado he dismissed the soldiers and proceeded to reprimand Laura sending her on her way not even allowing her a chance to explain the situation.

Laura and Captain Reid crossed each others paths again at a social gathering for Local Union Supporters. It became very clear to the Captain that he had wrongly misjudged Laura Marquardt as being a disgruntled Confederate sympathizer. Laura in a rather playful and straightforward manner set him straight about which side she supported. Finding they have the same goal which is to bring the North and the South together as one peaceful nation. Then there is a spark between the two of them that refuses not be ignored.

They come together to bring to justice several renegade Confederates one in particular a suspected murderer.

This is a story filled with intrigue and romance. Women had to be courageous back then and that is exacty how the author portrayed Laura and her sister in this novel.

I loved what the author wrote about the meaning of the books title, TOUCHING THE SKY.

I have read book one in the LAND OF THE LONE STAR series,CHASING THE SUN. Now that I have read book two I am anxious to read book three,TAMING THE WIND,expected publication date September 1st 2012 by Bethany House Publishers.

I highly recommend Touching The Sky.

I rated this book 5 out of 5.

Disclosure
I received a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for review. I was in no way compensated for this review. It is my own opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching the Sky.

07/15/2012 page 197