Kya Aliana's Reviews > The Outsiders

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Mar 10, 12

This is my all time favorite book, which is saying a lot because I am a constant reader. This book changed my life, it inspired me to write... it changed the way I did and forever will look at people. It made me realize that the social standards of people mean nothing, where the morals and true person inside means everything. Countless friends have told me this book is dark, horrible, and sad. I tend to disagree. Though this book does have sad parts; parts that make you cry all night long... it's REAL. And REAL is IMPORTANT! Where would we be, as people, as teens, as adults, as a society, if we were not able to write or read about REAL things... REAL issues.
Although this book takes place in the past - a world where greasers and socs existed - many of the issues discussed in this book are issues that are still REAL and still happening in this world.
I recommend this book to anyone and everyone. There are a million lessons to be learned... a million topics to be discussed... a million realities to be revealed. Times ARE tough all over; something you will learn from this book.
This is the ultimate tale of survival, forgiveness, mortality, and realization. Everyone should read this book; there is a way to apply it to everybody's life. Everyone can relate in some way or another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Outsiders.

Quotes Kya Liked

S.E. Hinton
“I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me.”

S.E. Hinton
“Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold.”

S.E. Hinton
“It's okay. We aren't in the same class. Just don't forget that some of us watch the sunset too.”