Bec's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Apr 03, 12

Recommended for: all ages
Read from March 07 to April 03, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I enjoyed this book, but not quite as much as the first and second. I don't exactly like how everything played out. I had my hopes set that Katniss would somehow end up with Gale, and even if she didn't marry him I had hoped they'd be just as good of friends as in the first book. I just can't believe him and her mother left her to stay in District 12 alone. It's kind of irritating that they went on with their lives and started over without her and just left her to try and heal on her own after all she had been through. I do like Peeta, I think they're great together, espeically after all the hardships they've gone through in the Hunger Games and afterwards. I come completely undone and cried like a baby when Prim died. That angered me a lot too. I guess from knowing that Prim was such a big part of Katniss's life, it tore a piece from me when she lost her little sister. I have a little sister of my own, so I can relate to the love and close knit relationship between them. It's definitely worth reading, though. I would never tell anyone not to read it...Suzanne Collins is a brilliant author, for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Bec Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Some walks you have to take alone.”

Suzanne Collins
“Time and tragedy have forced her to grow too quickly, at least for my taste, into a young woman who stitches bleeding wounds and knows our mother can hear only so much.”

Suzanne Collins
“What will break me into a million pieces so that I am beyond repair, beyond usefulness?”

Suzanne Collins
“There's something else there as well, something entirely her own. An ability to look into the confusing mess of life and see things for what they are.”

Suzanne Collins
“You'll never be able to let him go. You'll always feel wrong about being with me.”

Suzanne Collins
“Because it doesn't matter anymore, and because I'm so desperately lonely I can't stand it.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bec I did like the book, but I was very disappointed in the ending. I guess I had chosen sides sometime during the second book without realizing it!