Sara's Reviews > Up From the Grave

Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Jan 28, 14

Read on January 28, 2014

I don't entirely know how I feel about this book. On one hand is action packed as always, and as always Cat & Bones' most interesting battle is the one they fight against their own natures to stay together, as Cat herself says "Marriage is a marathon not a race" and I love that about these books. Also all the usual suspects are back and it's good to see them, specially Vlad in small measure after the more than disappointing show he made in his own books. I don't even mind that the story is highly predictable from the prologue.

But I have a problem with the plot of the book. I will put it in spoilers.

(view spoiler)

*UPDATE* 31-08-2013
Jeaniene Frost wrote in her blog that this will be the LAST Cat and Bones book. She feels she has completed all the storyline for them and there is no need to write fill in books. She tells it better, so here:

Wonder what JF could have in mind. I did not apreciate the change in Bones history, but we'll see. I wan to know what happened to Timothy.

The cover and the description is out!
Also the release date, January 2014! Not cool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Up From the Grave.

01/28 marked as: currently-reading
01/28
22.0% "I hope we're not getting a Renesmee insta-child because I would be severely disappointed."
01/28
33.0% "I'm not biting, he's done this before."
01/28 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karen what change so he has a noble father but was still a whore and street begger/theif, whats not to love lol.

Sara Exactly, so why change it? Why make him related to Ian when we all already love him as a whore and street begger/theif? Too convenient I say.

Karen oh yes they are cousins right., wraith is dead so i forgot that part, but I do believe it will make for a more devilish Ian since he will probably think he can get away with far more now... Lets see.. I do so love Bones whorish ways and talents.. lol.

Karen Also they think Timothy dead but ... since he was mentioned in detail I bet they bring him back with all these vamps taking on mates I mean we have to have some single guys... vlad now will have a mate soon with leila I hope to see Timothy come back into the scene from his sabatical of what??

Sara Yeah? Where does it say they think he's dead? I know he went in search of Cain but I didn't remember them thinking he was dead.

Elizabeth I completely agree with what you said in the spoiler section. It devolved into a typical romance novel at that point.

Sara I could have accepted it better if Cat had a second to go "fucking hell I cannot believe this is happening to me" instead of going into instant maternal love, as if this was an issue for her before. It never came up. Only Charles worries about it when Crispin tells him Denise lost a child. There is no mention before. This was so out of left field is offensive. I would have loved to see Bones telling her she could do it, telling her his experience raising Rodney. ANYTHING.