Matt Randall's Reviews > My Life

My Life by Bill Clinton

Mar 07, 12

Read in March, 2012

First my thoughts on President Clinton. I liked a lot of his economic policy. Didn't like some of his domestic policy. I thought his foreign policy was weak.
That being said, I really like to read the books of people who had an impact on america. One of the things people forget about is the law of unintended consequences. Its easy to stand back now pick certain parts of a legislation and say look at what this did...he meant to do this and cause this or that. Most of the time I don't think that is true. People need to look at the intentions of what they were trying to do. Yes, when dealing with something so big and complex as america you will never have the right answer. Bill Clinton followed his ideals and did what he thought was right and hoped that most would agree with him. One of the things I hate about books like this is the political bashing. There were many times throughout the book when he demonized other people for doing what they thought was right. That I didn't agree with. Oh and Bill...Sorry but I still think you had "sexual relations" with at least half those women that accused you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life.