Alhashemiah's Reviews > Childhood's End

Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: fiction, sci-fi
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Wow ,,, This books was my first step into the world of sci fi .. and it won't be the last!
I found myself lost so many times while reading it. I didn't quiet understand and kept trying to logically explain some parts which is probably why I was lost in the first place. Then I gave up and started absorbing the events instead (just like one of the characters in the story after being exposed to a civilisation he couldn't wrap his head around) and it worked. I enjoyed this book much more and felt like a child with an imagination that allowed anything and everything to be possible.
Now that this book is done I feel some sadness that exceeds usual emotions towards a book ending because this book ended the human race and not just a single life.
I entered the world of Sci Fi with this book based on the recommendation of a kind girl here on goodreads and now I want explore it a little bit more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Childhood's End.

03/08/2012 page 53
24.0% "No sarah! Don't start liking sci fi! You're already too geeky, now sci fi! Come on!!"
show 2 hidden updates…