Evelyn Amaro's Reviews > The Dark Realm

The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp

Mar 07, 12

Recommended for: Lovers of: Paranormal, Fae, Sci-fi, YA, Fantasy

Read my full review on Paromantasy

This book in 3 words: Fun, Unique, Suspenseful

Fae, Video Games and Danger, Oh my! Really, what more could you ask for?

Feyland is a YA Fantasy/Sci-Fi book that I could not pull away from. It is different from many other fantasy or paranormal books that I have read. The story revolves around rich and privileged Jennet and the poor and responsible Tam. Each of them leads totally different lives, but one thing they do have in common is gaming! Each is an experienced Simmer, but when a new game that Jennet's father is building starts to transfix in the real world, they must team up to stop the fey from entering their world. With the weight of the world on their shoulders, they must play to win or die trying.

I loved this story, the characters, and how well-written and clever Feyland was. Each character was so different, yet shared many similarities that went beyond the boundaries of economic status and wealth. Jeanette may be young, but she is strong, smart and refuses to give up. When a loss in Feyland threatens her life, she is determined to get it back and to do that she must find the best gamer in her new school. That is where Tam comes in. Tam has the world on his shoulders and yet refuses to crumble. Instead he stands strong and takes care of his younger brother, his ill mother and now Jeanette. They come from two different worlds, but their love of gaming and their mission to stop the creatures of Feyland from taking over the real world brings the two closer together. The romance is sweet, the action is heavy and the surprises that pop up will have you racing through the pages to find out what happens to Tam, Jeanette and the world when Feyland becomes reality.

If you are a fan of fantasy, the paranormal, folklore and/or sci-fi, you will love this book! It is a YA that even adults will enjoy...with a G rating of course. Feyland is action-packed with tons of danger, heart-warming romance, and tons of surprises.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Realm.