Margaret Chind's Reviews > Sabrina

Sabrina by Lori Wick

Jul 15, 2010

bookshelves: christianfiction, historical, lori-wick, own, harvest-house, romance
Recommended to Margaret by: Harvest House
Recommended for: admirers of Francine Rivers, Tamera Alexander, et al
Read in August, 2008 — I own a copy

Forgiving oneself of their past sins is a difficult issue no matter what it is that you are guilty of. The story of a prostitute coming to Christ has been told. It was told in the Bible, it was told by Francine Rivers, it was told by Tamera Alexander, and now I've read it again from Lori Wick. But that is not saying oh, read it move on. Definitely not. The fact of hearing over and over again that no matter how bad you think your past actions have been, God loves you is incredible. The story of Sabrina is a wonderful one that did a great deal of good for my heart to read. I was less impressed with Cassidy (book #1), but Sabrina could very easily be read as a stand alone. Once upon a time, I had told a friend that I just could not forgive myself for something, even though I knew that Christ had forgiven me, his response was, so basically you're saying God's forgiveness is not enough? It was a shocking moment, and this book is equally as powerful to learning a little more about myself as well as enjoying a great story with romance, life lessons in scripture, with a little western action mixed in as well. I recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabrina.