Roxane Wilborn's Reviews > Before I Wake

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

Jul 08, 2012

bookshelves: series-in-progress
Read from July 04 to 06, 2012

Kaylee is adjusting to life....er, death and her new Reclamation job. Tod, of course, is there to help her adjust. Nash is dealing, sort of, with the lost of Kaylee as his girlfriend.

I am going to find it hard to review this book with anymore details without making it all spoilery. So I will just say I will be interested to know where Vincent takes the story from here because it's starting to get weird....and that's saying something.

I like this book well enough, but I teetered on giving it 3 stars and I really don't know why. It probably would have been a 3 star book if I wasn't such a fan of Vincent. If I had to nail down a reason, I guess this book didn't have the usual writing flow as the rest of the series. It was a quick enough read, but I read this on my kindle and I had like 10% left of the book and then suddenly Before I Wake ended. I thought, "What the hell?" At the end of the book they had included A Day in the Afterlife of Tod (which I loved) and a excerpt of My Soul To Take which had me confused since that is book one of this series. Most people who are reading book 6 of the Soul Screamers series have already read book 1. Anyway, I think I felt a little shorted. I guess I should have paid attention to the Table of Contents.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Wake.