April Plummer's Reviews > Build A Man

Build A Man by Talli Roland

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from March 07 to 09, 2012

I truly haven't read a more fun book in a long time. I've ready many excellent, amazing books lately. But they were all much heavier and excellent on a whole different plane than Build a Man.

The synopsis:

Slave to the rich, rude and deluded, cosmetic surgery receptionist Serenity Holland longs for the day she's a high-flying tabloid reporter. Unfortunately, every pitch she sends out disappears like her clients' liposuctioned fat, never to be seen again. Then she meets Jeremy Ritchie -- the hang-dog man determined to be Britain's Most Eligible Bachelor by making himself over from head to toe and everything in between -- giving Serenity a story no editor could resist.

With London's biggest tabloid on board and her very own column tracking Jeremy's progress from dud to dude, Serenity is determined to be a success, even going undercover to gain intimate access to Jeremy's life. But when Jeremy's surgery goes drastically wrong and Serenity is ordered to cover all the car-crash goriness, she must decide how far she really will go for her dream job.

I love Serenity, the MC. She's hilarious with a good heart, and she's so young...I remember trying to figure it all out when I was in my early 20's. And I knew men like Peter. My ex was sort of a Peter, except for the whole British thing. :)

I read this entire novel while biting my nails down to the quick. It flows like a romantic comedy - one where you just know the heroine is doing everything wrong for all the wrong reasons. You KNOW she'll figure it out. She HAS to. But she's going to make a huge mess of everything first. As the cliche goes, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I love this story, truly. :) Thank you, Talli, for offering this for free because now you've made me want more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Build A Man.