01tysenh's Reviews > Dust & Decay

Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry

Mar 08, 12

Read from March 07 to 08, 2012

Have you ever wanted to read a fantastic book about a zombie apocalypse? This book is the best book out of all the books that I have ever read that is based off of zombies. In this book, Tom, his brother Benny, and there friends Nix, Lilah, and Chong don’t like the little city that they are staying in anymore because the people there are very ignorant of what is going on. Because of this, Tom and everyone else set off toward the east. I liked this book so much because it has many cool challenges to over come, almost every single part of the story was a page turner, and it is a book for pretty much anybody.

The main reason I liked this book so much is because it has the coolest challenges to complete out of any book I have ever read. The main big challenge that Tom, Benny, Nix, Lilah and Chong had to complete was to destroy a place called Game land once and for all. Game land is a place run by a family called the Matthias. At Game land, the Matthias get kids that are 14 at the oldest and throw them in a pit with a zombie and try to see who will kill who first. Tom has already destroyed the first and second Game lands, but this new Game land is much bigger and has tons of guards guarding it. Benny, Nix and Chong ended up being taken and were thrown into the pits so Tom and Lilah had find a way to destroy Game land once and for all.

This book was one of the best page-turners that I have ever read. This book had me reading until 2 in the morning a few times! Even in the beginning of the book, when it is just describing everything it makes you want to read more. Once the book is just getting started, Tom, Benny, Nix, Lilah, and Chong get attacked by a giant white rhinoceros and Nix got hurt and had to get stitches and Chong feels like it was his fault. Right after that they take refuge in a gas station, but Chong runs off so Tom chases after him. While Tom and Chong are gone, an evil guy named Preacher Jack sends 7,000 zombies to attack the gas station and Benny and Nix barely make it out alive, and from there on out things start to get more and more intense.

This book is a book for literally everybody! It is a little hard to follow if you haven't read the first one but I defiantly recommend it. This book is great for teenage boys because it is full of non-stop action. This book is also good for teenage girls because it has its bits of romance here and there. Benny and Nix are in love with each other so it is some what of a love story for the girls too. This book is also a good tragedy because toward the end, after they completed the hardest challenge of all, (spoiler alert!!) Preacher Jack takes a cheap shot and shoots Tom in the chest and kills him. This part of the book is really sad so it could be a good book for people who like dramas too.

So over all if you want to read the best zombie apocalypse book you have ever read, this would defiantly be the book for you. Zombies are becoming one of the more popular subjects for teenagers. This book is a great book for pretty much everybody that wants a good page-turner. I liked this book so much because it has many cool challenges to over come, almost every single part of the story was a page turner, and it is a book for pretty much anybody.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust & Decay.