Anna's Reviews > An American Spy

Mar 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways-that-i-won
Read from April 22 to 30, 2012

First I'd like to thank St. Martin's Press and FirstReads for the ability to read this advanced copy.

I hadn't heard about this book before I won it on Goodreads. So naturally before I could read this copy I had to read the first two books in the series. I have to say, in normal instances I wouldn't have ever read this series, but I'm glad I did.

I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't jumping out of my seat with anticipation or super excited over the outcome of the plot but it was an enjoyable read.

One of my least favorites things about all three books in the series so far was how he ends each book. They aren't big cliffhangers or captivating last lines, they simply end, with no rhyme or reason whatsoever. I definitely think those endings could have been stronger.

However, what I did like was how interesting the plot was. You never knew who was going to be involved with what. I've always enjoyed a good spy story. I love the intricate details and little insignificant details that you have to remember in order to understand it later in the story. I've always appreciated and enjoyed those standout details. So in that sense, it was great.

I still really like the character of Milo, but I found myself enjoying the character of his wife, Tina, even more in this book. I didn't really think she was the strong of a character, but she was entertaining.

So, I enjoyed reading this series and when the next book comes out, I definitely think I will continue reading it.

3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An American Spy.

04/23/2012 page 30