Lauren's Reviews > Nobody's Hero

Nobody's Hero by Katey Hawthorne

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: mm-romance, mm-paranormal
Read from June 15 to 18, 2012

4 stars - I hadn't been too sure about this book to start off with, even though I loved the previous two instalments of the Superpowered Love series. I'm not sure if it was just a case of me not being in the right mood to properly enjoy it, but I found myself struggling to get through the first couple of chapters. Having said that, it didn't take too long to get into it and soon enough I fell in love with Kellan and Jamie's story. By the end, I was so engrossed in the story that I couldn't put it down and my heart ached for these two to get their HEA. I definitely enjoyed this more than book 1, which I think is the weakest of the series (but still a nice read). Katey Hawthorne's writing style is perfect for me - I also love that she includes playlists at the end of her books. I usually recognise a few songs in them and notice how perfectly they fit with the story.

Although I didn't enjoy this as much as book 2 (which I've read several times already and absolutely ADORE), I still really enjoyed it once the story got going and once we learnt a little more about each character. The only thing I'd like to suggest is perhaps a little more action with more focus on the 'superpower' aspects - although there is a whole load of internal dialogue about the ramifications of living with these powers and of keeping them a secret, we see very little of the powers in action. That's definitely something I would like to see more of, perhaps cranking up the action and introducing us to these 'superheroes' or 'supervillians' that the stories mention here and there.

Overall, a slow start but still a solid and entertaining addition to a great series. I really hope Katey writes a book 4 :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Hero.