Jory's Reviews > Deadly Little Secret

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

2032104
Apr 07, 12

Read from April 05 to 07, 2012

Wow. I may have found a new favorite author. I literally could not put this book down, it was utterly captivating to me. I'm a sucker for the whole girl being stalked/stalker thing in books. They have always been some of my favorites. I think its the blatant terror that comes from these books, that this could happen to ANYONE, and anytime. I don't know, its just exciting to me.

Deadly Little Secret starts off with the main character Camelia, almost getting hit by a car in the schools parking lot. But a mysterious, gorgeous guy saves her, and his touch leaves her gasping. Three months later, and she can't stop thinking about it. Then one day, she sees mystery boy at school. His name is Ben Carter, and its rumored that he killed his last girlfriend. But Camelia doesn't care, and tells him thank you for saving her life, which he denies even doing.

Then, Ben touches her. And he can immediately sense that shes in danger. Someone is stalking her. And sending her threatening notes and gifts. Ben tries to explain to Camelia that she is danger, but she just brushes it off until he tells her what he really can do. He can sense things by touching someone. He can sense when they are in danger, what they are feeling at the present time, anything really. And he can sense Camelia dead.

So Ben helps Camelia try to figure it out, all the while is happening between them, causing both of them to catch feelings for one another. Finally, the stalker (I had a feeling it was her ex-boyfriend. I don't know, I'm just pretty good at guessing that stuff) is revealed and Ben comes to her rescue, saving her life once more.

I actually really enjoy Laurie Faria Stolarz's writing. It grabs your attention, and its easy to follow. This book seems like a great start to a series that I can't wait to continue on with. I loved the contrast between Camelia's thoughts and Matt's thoughts, who is her stalker. Hopefully we can get Ben's POV in some of the upcoming novels, because it would been really interesting to me to see what he feels or how he deals with his sense of touch. I know he's supposed to be played off as mysterious, but it would just be even more intriguing to me if we could sense what he is feeling.

I just can't wait to read the second book! I already put it on hold at my library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Secret.

04/05/2012 page 53
04/05/2012 page 110
44.0% "Wow, I cannot put this down for the life of me."
show 1 hidden update…