Brandi's Reviews > Almost Everything

Almost Everything by Tate Hallaway

Mar 07, 12

bookshelves: own
Read in March, 2012

Almost Everything picks up where Almost Final Curtain left off. ana has to contend with her conflicting worlds of vampires and witches, all while trying to figure out which of her many guys she wants to be with. Should she pick Nik the uber sexy rock 'n' roll witch, the chivalrous vampire living in her basement Elias, or the former enemy jock turned theatre buddy Thompson? By the end of the story I still hadn't decided who I wanted her to be with. Some people might say that three guys liking her is a little excessive and it kind of is, but I liked it. This installment was more action packed and drama filled than the previous one. The ever present dilemma that Ana and her friends have to solve was heavier and more life threatening than usual. She grew as a character and come into her own person in Almost Everything. Another side of her mom, dad, Thompson, Nik, and especially Elias is shown. Readers are able to learn a lot more about the background of Elias and Thompson as well as getting a taste of other vampire colonies ( is that the right word?). I loved how Tate continued to build this extremely unique take on vampires and witches.
There isn't really anything I wish was different with the book. I just wish that Bea had been more present. There's just something about her bitchiness that makes her a favorite. Lastly, lets talk about the cover. What happened? The first two were so pretty with the white backgrounds and contrasting clothes and hair. This one is definitely not my favorite. Not only does it not look the same they don't even have the same textures. Maybe I'm just picky, but I'm upset they don't match.
I am a huge fan of Tate Hallaway and a huge fan of this series. All I can say is that PLEASE let there be a fourth book. With the ending I'm not sure if there is or isn't.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Everything.