Laurie Treacy's Reviews > The Rancher and the Rock Star

The Rancher and the Rock Star by Lizbeth Selvig

Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read in March, 2012

I will immediately say I'm not a fan of this book's title, it sounds kinda cornball to me, but after laying eyes on the cover ART, who cares about the title? On the serious side, I LOVED this story. I was drawn into Gray and Abby's worlds, however drastically different they are. Lizbeth Selvig's writing style is very effortless, I felt as if every scene was happening right in front of me in real time. I could smell the grass from Abby's farm, hear the fans clap for Gray, watch the swoosh of a horse's mane in a summer breeze and taste the pie inside that Main Street restaurant. When I had to stop reading, the characters remained with me until I was able to continue and wrap myself back into this romantic story.

The main characters were interesting and well written and the secondary characters were well crafted and had a purpose (even down to the pair of birds). I especially liked Abby, her heartbreak, her fierce desire to take care of her daughter, Kim, and keep her farm, and I thoroughly enjoyed the scenes in the darkroom or when she had her camera in hand. Gray was sexy even if there were times I wanted to hit him over the head with a microphone or drumstick. His lack of understanding his son, Dawson, was typical of a traveling music man, and I found myself cheering them on whenever their attempts to patch things up hit a bump.

The Rancher and the Rock Star just has so much good going for it: realistic characters and true to life dialogue and situations, two adults so opposite there's only one place for them to be (and that's in each other's arms), two teens whose essence was truly captured in each scene they were in, laugh out loud moments, tension, surprise twists and turns, and a town full of residents who brought a bunch of smiles to my face and warmed my heart.

Abby's a little bit country, Gray's a whole lot of rock'n'roll, and I believe Ms. Selvig has a hit on her hands with The Rancher and the Rock Star. (For the rest of my review and a Character Interview with Gray Covey, go to my blog: http://www.readergirlsblog.com/2012/0...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rancher and the Rock Star.