Trisha Wolfe's Reviews > Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters

Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

Mar 07, 12

I read very few Contemporaries through the year. The thing I love most about reading is its ability to take the reader to far away, imaginative lands with fantastical characters and mystical feats. So when I dove into Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters I was surprised how much I found myself enjoying being swept away to the mysterious and sometimes disturbing land of high school, and the wonderfully real characters that drudged up every emotion.

Kelsey, without a doubt, is one of the most believably real and lovable characters I’ve ever met. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing out loud as she stumbled her way through her freshman year. And even though a large portion of this story will have you in tears of laughter, the very real, heart-wrenching situations will bring you to tears just the same. I thought the balance was perfectly executed, and Zeitlin mastered the creation of endearing, thoughtful characters who enriched every scene. The support Kelsey receives from her BFFs is awesome. It made me want to hug my girlfriends and tell them how much they mean to me. The romance was sweet and clumsy, and just so perfect. Hilarious yet heart-felt, with amazing characters and awkward, so very real situations, Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters is a must. Period.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters.