Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > No Matter When

No Matter When by Nancy Adams

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

This time travel novel has it all!! No Matter When has the past, present and future; love, hate and friendship; and a well thought out plot that is developed beautifully. What more could you ask for?

In the future, there's a technology that can be used for good or evil. If used properly, it can save lives. If it falls into the wrong hands, it can be used to change the future and for other wicked pursuits. Now five people, from different walks of life and times, are in a race to save the past and the future.

Lilly’s whole world changed the moment her mother died. In an instant, her foundation was demolished and she was left alone. In the accident that took her mother from her, Lilly gained something she was ill prepared for, a photographic memory. At a young age, she must learn to cope with her new ability. She tells the one person she thinks may understand and help her through this problem, but he's unable to comprehend the situation and abandons her. This event forms her present existence. She works hard to not reveal her ability and in turn, she's introverted and unable to trust anyone ever again.

Gabriel's an advanced human. He's the product of science in a time where genetic impurities and disease have been systematically removed from human genes. Gabriel is a soldier to which all future soldiers will be compared. Unfortunately, he's killed before his time. Now he lives in Scotland in the year 1503, along with three other men. Two of the men are from the past and a fellow soldier from his time. None of them know why they were sent to this particular place in time, but from the moment Lilly arrives, everything begins to change.

Finally, all the pieces are in order. The professor responsible for their time travel has revealed the reason for their continued existence. What may have started out as an experiment on his part now has a purpose. The five of them must work together to thwart a conspiracy. Along the way, they also find friendship and love.

This story may be about the blossoming romance between Gabriel and Lilly, but I truly believe the underlining message is of loyalty and friendship. These five people were sent to the past for reasons unknown to them. They bonded over the hardships and the commonality of their situations. No Matter When is so much more than a romance.

Lilly and Gabriel are two people who are astonishingly different, but at the same time amazingly similar. I enjoyed reading their adventure and how they grew as people. It was not an easy road for them, but I’m glad I was able to read about how they eventually came together.

No Matter When appears to be book one in the series, Out of Times. Beyond that, I have absolutely no idea what will happen next in this series or when. I found very little information on Ms. Adams and her books. I have noted this talented author and I plan to keep a look out for her future works and the next book in this exciting new series. She's written an amazing tale, captivating characters and a promising universe.

There's no time like the present to experience No Matter When. This is a riveting novel that will take you back in time, make you contemplate the present and question the future. It’s not to be missed!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Matter When.