Janina's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: wishlist, arc-for-review-blog-tour, edelweiss, magical-psychic
Read from September 25 to 27, 2012

What to say about this lovely book?! I was pulled into this book from the start! Michelle Hodkin's writing style really draws you in from the beginning. Everything flows with ease and the characters are so intriguing and continue to grab your attention with each word spoken. I read this book faster than I thought I was going to. It was just that awesome! This sequel was so much more compelling than the first. The first book was awesome, but this one was that much more! This installment had so many different twists and surprises that you will not want to miss getting you hands on a copy of it. A definite recommendation for those who have read the first and those who have yet to start this series.

I was not disappointed with this book at all. There were times when I was trying to figure out where the plot was leading me, but once everything came together, I was drawn into the story and there was no going back :) I love how with this installment there were so many different twist! You find out so many things in this book that will leave your mind boggled. The suspense keeps you turning the pages wanting to know what's going to happen next.

We are introduced to quite a few new characters. Many of them, I didn't know how I felt about them, considering everything that was happening in the story. But we also have some of characters from before. Noah, for example. His character was still the same. The relationship between him and Mara deepens and I just loved it. I am so Team Noah and Mara. And Mara...The girl had so much going on, it was hard to read. I really felt for her. The feelings, the confusion, the betrayal, the fear. Everything was happening to her. I am still kind of confused about the thing when it flipped to the past of the girl. I swear I need to reread this to see if I missed some important details :)

Overall, the book was amazing! I thought Michelle Hodkin did an amazing job with this sequel. I suggest if you've read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer to get your hands on this sequel ASAP :) And if you haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer to do so ASAP! This an action packed, suspenseful, mind blowing, page turning bundle of awesomeness! The ending was freaking mind boggling!!! Like seriously? Is it true? I swear, I'm about to have a panic attack not knowing. It can't be true and it BETTER not be. That chick better be lying...*deep breath*

Thanks so much to Edelweiss to providing me with a DRC of this book! It is GREATLY appreciated :) All thoughts are my honest opinion.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.