Del's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

I was reading 1984 by George Orwell and was quite enjoying it. Actually, I wasn't planning on reading this book. It actually is my first read of such kind of literary work. Anyways, I was in 1984 where I came upon the part on "thought police" and how the main character Winston was finding a way to revolt against the "party" and came upon Julia and how she defiled the "party" by going against the very propaganda she was "promoting". In a sense taking this literary piece and actually reading it is kind of my personal revolt against my own thought of self-righteousness. =)

Going into the book itself, it's kind of sweet and annoying. I hate the fact that Ana is attracted to Christian at first with the same reason as every other woman who ever laid eyes on him. But it's kind of sweet because Christian is attracted to her because of her innocence. To be honest, I was vouching Ana falls in love with Jose who has been her friend and whom she knew better than Christian.