Vidya Tiru's Reviews > Mrs. Noodlekugel

Mrs. Noodlekugel by Daniel Pinkwater

Mar 06, 12

– A quick and easy read which could have packed a little bit more than it does. Two children discover a charming home in the middle of where they least expected it – right in the middle of a whole block of high rise buildings. The kids find out that it belongs to Mrs.Noodlekugel, a kind old woman who lives there with a talking cat along with not three, but four blind mice.
The story moved and ended rather abruptly for me and was a little confusing and not seeming so right as well at certain points – which is one too many times for this short a story.
That said, it is still a quick and easy read with entertaining characters that can be developed into more stories. The cat was truly the favorite character with both me and my nine-year old son.
One line I liked reading in this: “Cats have trouble with consonants, you see.”
Rating: C- (the kids decide to do something the parents specifically told them not to; is confusing why the parents told them that though)
Reading Level: 8 to 10 years
Publication date: March 13, 2012
Disclaimer:Thank you to NetGalley for sending me a digital review copy of the books. I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist. They are my personal opinions formed when I read this book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Noodlekugel.