Madeline's Reviews > Cheyenne

Cheyenne by Lisa L. Wiedmeier

Sep 06, 12

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from April 19 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

Sometimes free books can disappoint you…. But let me tell you, this one DEFINITELY DOES NOT! I liked it a lot, and the only reason I rated it 4 stars is because it left me wanting more, and the next book is not to be released for another month! Can I wait that long? Well, I don’t have a choice, do I?

Cheyenne’s adoptive parents die in a vehicular accident and her BFF, Colt isn’t there to comfort her as he usually is; and there’s a reason for that, but once he come back he does what he does best, cradles her in his arms and comforts her. She’s driven to find out more about her parents, her bio parents, and learns she isn’t quite all human. She’s part of a race who are sort of immortal, but not really since they can actually die, tho not by any human means. Once she reaches her 20th birthday or so, she’ll go through a transformation and become what they call ‘Timeless’, and only age one year for every 100 human years; along with having special ‘gifts’ or abilities, and heal faster than any human if injured.

She is being hunted to be killed simply because of what she is, or will be, a Timeless, and Colt, along with his two ‘half brothers’, Callon and Daniel do their best to protect her, as that is initially what their job has been for the last two years without her knowing about it. She’s been kept a secret to avoid her existence from being known to the ‘evil clan’ who wants her dead. Throughout the book many incidents occur to her or around her, and she feels guilty for causing so much trouble to those she loves and who are only trying to protect her. She comes to terms that she loves Colt, just like he loves her, but also she feel this deep ‘pull’ towards Callon as well; realizing she may love him too.

When most secrets that have been kept from her to protect her come out, she feels betrayed by them all. She learns she is the last surviving member of a clan who was the ‘royalty’ of their race, and also, (and kind of shocking tho I knew it was coming, somehow), she is supposed to be betrothed to…Callon! Not whom she initially fell in love with. They all want her to fulfill her destiny, and join them in order to place order back to their clans, and save them, but she is too heartbroken and feels so betrayed by all the secrets they’ve kept from her, she just give up. She decides SHE will make her own destiny, and marry whom she wants; she will leave them at the first chance she gets and go on her own.

I can’t wait to read the next books and find out what happens to Cheyenne in her journey next. =)
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheyenne.