Paul DeBusschere's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

7207442
Mar 22, 12

Read from March 06 to 20, 2012

Larsson finishes up his trilogy with a somewhat slow moving intellectual tale that focuses on the machinations of "The Section" and everyone else involved in the story. It's not a bad read, but it certainly doesn't have the same level of action as the first two books.

Personally, there were a few plot features that bothered me. Foremost was Larsson's neglect to weave in details about Neiderman and the motorcycle club throughout the story. He ties these up in the epilogue, but that seemed rather sloppy to me.

Other annoyances:
Berger's ultimate outcome at SMP. I just didn't buy it.
Larsson clearly has a rudimentary understanding of how cell phones and computers work, and some of the events in the story that hinge on technological fine-points demonstrate he doesn't know what he's talking about. He should have done his research.
Blomkvist runs all over Stockholm in the book. Are we to believe the people at The Section can't do a better job of tracking him after they've begun surveillance? Come on, man.

As I said, it's not a bad read. But at 650+ pages, it gets a little long.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.