Michelle's Reviews > The Husband Hunt

The Husband Hunt by Lynsay Sands

Mar 23, 12

Read from March 07 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy

I’ve always enjoyed the Lynsay Sands historical novels because she pulls in a large element of humor and almost silliness that makes each of her books such a fun read. The conclusion of the Maitland Sister trilogy starts on a very serious note. Our heroine, Lisa, is ready for a little freedom so agrees to meet with a friend who no one in her family approves of. With very good reason because this friend is an infamous madam who drugs Lisa to prepare her for a “suitor”. With a just in time rescue by her long time love, Robert, Lisa is ready for her season to start a little more calmly. She has given up on Robert realizing that he loves her so Lisa sets out to find herself a husband. With the threat of the “suitor” hanging over her head, Robert won’t let Lisa out of her sight and realizes that even though he’s sworn never to marry there’s just something new about Lisa that makes him look at her with new eyes.

I go back and forth on my enjoyment of this story. I liked the plot line, I loved the mystery, and I enjoyed both Robert and Lisa and their journey to find love. I did find that there were times when Lisa was just too young and naïve and it distracted me from her love story. But then I found there were other times when I thought her decisions were well thought out and had a maturity that would lead to a life full of love and happiness with Robert. Because I’m such a big fan of Lynsay Sands I’ve chosen to remember and enjoy the good parts and gloss over the parts I wasn’t that big of a fan of. I will always pick up the next book by her and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Husband Hunt.