Stephanie Ward's Reviews > Until Next Time

Until Next Time by Amy  Lignor

Sep 01, 2012

bookshelves: for-review
Read on April 27, 2012

This book is among many in the YA genre that is tackling the paranormal beings of angels. This had a different feel to it - instead of fallen angels or angels trying to get back into good graces, this deals with a team of angels who are sent on their first trip (mission) to Earth. I thought the concept of angels and the kind of reincarnation ideas mixed in was pretty unique and worked well for the story. Some of the characters seemed flat - I felt there wasn't enough backstory to them, even though they were not the main characters. Faith, for example, had a mysterious past that I was very curious about, but didn't get any explanations. The writing style was really good and the story itself flowed great. It was a fun and easy read. There did seem to be a lot of foreshadowing going on, probably for the upcoming books in the series, but it confused me a bit and distracted me from the plot of this book. The ending also became a bit religious in tone, which didn't bother me because it fit with the theme of angels and Heaven. Overall, this was a great read featuring angels and I really enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until Next Time.

04/27/2012