Soumi's Reviews > Inbetween

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

Sep 06, 12

bookshelves: arc-e-galley, paranormal-others, books-i-reviewed
Read from August 06 to 29, 2012

OMG.....The book has just blown me away. I have never been through such an emotional journey before and trust me I doubt I will ever do. It was just a wonderful and heart aching bitter sweet love story that almost made me cry. The storytelling and the ways of representing was beyond brilliant, and praise worth skills of painting inner turmoil of each character.

Reaper Finn was not supposed to save Emma from the car accident that took her father’s life three years ago, but Emma outlived the fate. She has been living in trauma of the accident, with scars and memories invading her dreams. Now her life is in danger again, and Finn will protect her again, from evil he has accidently unleashed.

The story might seem simple but it is not. The characters seem to leap out of pages and turn into life. They feel so tormenting and comforting in equal amount. I have previously read few Reaper boy-human girl love story but this is very unlikely beautiful and heart rending. The author has shown us an existence of trance place called “inbetween”, somewhere in between heaven and hell, the world building was lovely and very unique.

Emma was broken and living with fragments of her memory from another life, where she was Alison, the girl Finn loved. Emma thinks all her memories are just her insane imagination which is truing her into some crazy person. She is soft and delicate, where Finn is emotionally broken too but head strong and yes….damn romantic. My heart seems to pound against my rib cage every time I saw his name mentioned in pages. He is that swoon worthy, and it’s not a secret I have a thing for green eyed guys.

Cas is the most enlighten as well as concerning character of the book. He stole my attentions every now and then with his charming personality, Sorry Finn..you got a competition.

The narration splits between both Finn and Emma, so we get to know the story from both of their perspective and I was completely found myself attached with their pain, love and emotions. Inbetween was one of my most favorite read of the year. I really really do want to get my hands on the second book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.

08/10/2012 page 34