Alyxis Trujillo's Reviews > Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

U 50x66
Mar 06, 2012

liked it

WELL...I ended up getting into the book and actually being able to imagine scenes from the book (usually hard for me with these fiction real fiction books). I am glad I read it as an adult the book gives an interesting theroy with the population law. Real in other countries you know its sad and scary. I enjoyed the adventure the tale had to offer and all the emotion and intesity the situation had to offer and that the author expressed that very well. I like how the two worlds of the farmers (poverty) and the barons(wealthy)were protrade in the book. Although fiction is not my style half way through the book I was really in to it and anxious to see what was to happen to Luke and Jen. I am curious to know how students react to the book especially with all the intense emotion and even Jen's death. I am such a worry wart when in comes to what should be in the classroom because of how students may react or parents that I never know how to incorperate good real books like this.
Just being honest I would have never read this book if I didn't have to but I am really glad I did.
Really alowed me to lose myself in a book for the first time in a looooooooong time THANKS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Hidden.