Kelly's Reviews > Oracle's Moon

Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison

251943
Feb 14, 15

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, physical-books, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012, 2013-favorites, read-in-2013, read-in-2015
Read on February 09, 2015, read count: 7

02/09/15 reread: Next to Dragon Bound, this is my other comfort read in this series. Something about how Grace's plight makes Khalil reexamine everything he thinks he knows gets to me. HARD. Yep, I still love this one like mad.

2012:
Standard disclaimer: I love this series. Seriously, I'm stupidly in love with every little piece of this world. I plan on fangirling so hard that I'm going to need oxygen before I get to the end of this review.

Yeah. So. This book blew me away. I mean, for the love of small furry creatures, how much can one poor girl take before she cracks wide open and turns into a gibbering mess? Grace is holding on by her fingernails in the beginning and it got to me. She's floundering and she's trying her hardest to make ends meet while attempting to learn about this new power she's suddenly inherited and it's difficult to read about. On top of that, she's trying to understand the events that happened at the end of the 3rd book. I felt for her. I felt her exhaustion and her fear. She's shell-shocked and scared and she deals with it by trying to hold Khalil at arms length.

Khalil, for his part, doesn't make things terribly easy on her at first. He makes some pretty big assumptions about her in the beginning and it takes a while for him to see that she really is doing the best that she can. Frankly, I loved that he was so endearingly clueless about humans. He does make an effort to learn, however, and that effort slowly wins Grace over.

One of the things that I'm absolutely intrigued by with every book in this series is the worldbuilding. Simply put, it's fabulous. Each book adds a new layer to the existing mythology to deepen and enrich it. We've seen the structuring of the Wyr, the Dark Fae, the Vampires and now the Demonkind. This world is huge and faceted. I love the little glimpses we get of the different demesnes. I love learning more about the pieces that make up the whole. It's dark and sometimes brutal and I'm completely smitten with it.

Overall, this was an absolutely outstanding addition to the series. Grace and Khalil complimented one another nicely and Grace's struggle with both her power and the mundane aspects of her life hooked me hard. I'm in awe of Thea Harrison's storytelling abilities.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oracle's Moon.

05/01/2013 marked as: currently-reading
05/02/2013 marked as: read

Hbeebti I want this one so bad! Please share w/ me how it is....Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Kelly Hbeebti wrote: "I want this one so bad! Please share w/ me how it is....Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

It's awesome and fabulous and OMG!SO GOOD!

message 3: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review, I need to get back into this series!

Jo  (Mixed Book Bag) I got the email from Amazon that it was on the way. I also love the series and will sit down and read it as soon as it arrives.

message 5: by Melanie (last edited Mar 08, 2012 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie "I'm in awe of Thea Harrison's storytelling abilities." Me too! Great review :)

Melindeeloo Love this one as a re-read too - it was good in audio too.