Angela Bycroft's Reviews > Illusion

Illusion by Frank Peretti

Mar 18, 12

bookshelves: books-to-re-read-again
Read from March 07 to 12, 2012

I'm a huge of Frank Peretti from the off was very excited to get my hands on a tittle after such a long time between novels. This present darkness was one of the first adult novels I has ever read. The Oath was a huge hit and Visitation was revelation. (sadly never got monster)

So Illusion had a lot to live up too. And it delivered for me in spades. Mandy was immediately likable and believable. Dane was the gentle hero we needed and somehow this 60 year old and 19 year old love story stayed the right side of creepy.

The magic theme added a new texture although some of the magic show descriptions felt a little too detailed and long winded.

The science was about the right level of mambo jumbo to pass. But sometime in an effort to convince the reader that its true - you end up feeling even more unconvinced.

The ending was a thrill ride to the end and while a predictable happy ending was had I felt it may have ended with a slightly underwhelming air after all the build up.

All in all definitely a keeper and a book to be read again. The 500 odd pages certainly flew by and I for one hope we don't have to wait another almost decade for the next title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusion.

03/07/2012 page 34