Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > The First Days

bookshelves: sunny-says, i-love-my-library, zombies
Recommended to Greta is Erikasbuddy by: Sunny
Recommended for: Zombie Lovers
Read from March 05 to 14, 2012

Do you have a plan in case of a zombie attack?

I have to admit that I've never really thought about it.

It's not like a tornado where I'd go hide in my basement.
That would be dangerous because it would be full of zombies.

Nor would it be like when there is a fire because the neighbors would be zombies and more than likely the Fire Department would be too.

My first instinct will be to put my cats into their carrier thus slowing me down because I now have to lug thirty extra meowing pounds. This also gives me away to the zombies who will have furry desserts.

So, what do you do?

Jenni had the same problem.

She woke up one morning to her hubby gnawing on her little boy, her older son trying to rescue her, and then BAMO!! she had her two sons and a husband knocking on the door moaning and groaning for a fresh Mama Sandwich.

Jenni figured she was seriously screwed. She didn't even have time to get dressed to face the Zompacolypse.

NOPE! She just had her robe and her nightgown and her now zombie transformed family hungry for her brains.

That's when Katie comes in.

Her girlfriend turned zombie but she was able to get away. And somehow fate brought those two strangers together and off the rode into the morning sunrise as the world around them fell apart.

Along the way tons of scary stuff happens. I mean.... who is prepared for this?!!! You can't even go to the bathroom at a rest stop without having some zombie tourist hiding in the next stall wanting more than just square of toilet paper.

And to top it all off! The truck that Katie got a hold of has a dog in the back of the bed!! A dog!! But it's cool because the dog wasn't turned zombie but now they need to keep puppy quiet while they try to make a quiet getaway.

Well, until Jenni starts to scream that she forgot that her oldest step-son is at sleep-away camp and it might be wise to go get him since no one else can pick him up.

They don't tend to give zombies driver's licenses. And there have been horror movies that prove camps aren't the best places to be when scary stuff is involved.

"The First Days" is a most awesome look at what could really happen if the world was ever overrun by zombies. Clever and horrific it kept my attention with tons of gore, down to earth characters, humor that will make you laugh out loud, and situations that seem likely (no urban fantasy Underworld women running around with leather pants).

If you like realistic zombie apocalypse action then this book is for you!

And if you are a fan of "The Walking Dead" then you'll definitely eat this book up!

RAWR!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Days.

03/06/2012 page 30
9.0% "Meanwhile, Jenni solemnly got out of the truck, released he safety, pumped the shotgun & waited. The zombified man was moaning, reaching out to her. For a moment, he looked remarkably like Lloyd. She fired. The headless corpse hit the pavement. <-- NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!"
03/12/2012 page 221
66.0% "Yay! I can read again!! And these zombies are GREAT!" 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Told you, totally kicks ass!!!!

Greta is Erikasbuddy I freaking love the GORE!! Most awesome!

message 3: by Kenya (new) - added it

Kenya Wright dang it someone told me this is good. too

Giselle AWESOME!! Just finished the last book and SO sad it's over! :(