Christina (Reading Thru The Night)'s Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

1020619
Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012, mystery
Read from March 06 to 09, 2012

Soooo, without realizing it, I guess Murder on the Orient Express is a fairly popular Christie book. (When I mentioned I was reading this one I was immediately directed to Ten Little Indians which I guess is actually called And Then There Were None. Regardless, my point being is it seemed as if EVERYONE had read an Agatha Christie book EXCEPT me. Glad that's cleared up).

Here's what I found out about me and Ms. Christie. I seriously adored me some Hercule Poirot.

Plus who would have thought I would have found such a heavy theme in something that I walked into as just being a mystery fling. But oh no! I am forced to question whether or not murder, if the person DESERVES it, is a punishable crime. And let me tell you what?! I love how I am brought to this conclusion. *applause* Well done, madam, well done.

What I did have to get used to was the strategic writing, for what I can only assume was used for the mystery agenda. The characters were introduced like case files, and although this was not a deterrent or even a frustration, it is definitely NOT how I like to acquaint myself with characters. I found there was very little substance and personality [with the exception of Mr. Poirot of course) until the very end.

I'm truly intrigued by Ms. Christie and look forward to checking out something else in her massive collection of works. Suggestions?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

03/06/2012 page 25
7.0% "Hercule Poirot addressed himself to the task of keeping his moustaches out of the soup. Lolz."
03/07/2012 page 153
46.0% "And one must respect the psychology. God I love me some Poirot!"