Amy Fournier's Reviews > Pretty When She Kills

Pretty When She Kills by Rhiannon Frater

Sep 25, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read from September 20 to 21, 2012

I want to start off by doing some crazy fan girl dance or something. For real, this book was amazeballs!! I thought I loved the first one, but this one was just overflowing with awesome!! Rhiannon turned up the heat, the action, and the creepy factor in this one and I loved every second of it!! The character development is really great too. I love getting to know the different characters better.

Amaliya is still one kick ass chick and things get a lot more crazy for her. She of course still has the spunky personality that I loved in the first one, but I love seeing the softer side of her too. It comes out a lot more in this book than it did in the first one now that she is more adjusted to the fact she is a vampire/necromancer. Her relationship with Sam is still quite intense and I love their interactions. Amaliya is a seriously funny, tough as nails chick and I can't get enough of her.

We meet some pretty dangerous characters too. Rachon for one is an old vampire that is not one to be messed with, but it seems that she is now a big thing to worry about. She is coming to Austin and Amaliya knows that it's a very bad thing. There is also another Necromancer/Vampire they have to worry about. Innocente has been seeing her. On top of that Sam is even more pissed than before because now she is seeing dead people thanks to Amaliya's blood. Forget the fact that Amaliya saved her life, she is livid about it!! Pete is on a mission to help Amaliya. It's very sweet and sad at the same time. He loves her so much, but of course we know that she is happy being a vampire and she loves Cian.

This book is just full of action and suspense. It gets very intense as they realize there is more to it than just Rachon wanting revenge and a necro-vamp calling out for help. This book had hooked! There is so much going on and we learn a lot of new things, but it's never to the point where it's too much at a time. It's like an adrenaline rush that you can't get enough of. And lets not forget the steamy, sexy scenes. We still get some of those too, though not as much since they are fighting for their lives. (or un-lives I guess) I can't really say much more except you are in for one hell of a ride reading this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty When She Kills.

50.0% "Okay so I actually started this in the beginning of the week, but stopped. Now I am getting back to it and am half done."