heidi's Reviews > Archangel Protocol

Archangel Protocol by Lyda Morehouse

19026
Mar 06, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, paper

Well.... the cyberpunk isn't bad. She's no Melissa Scott (Trouble and Her Friends (although I wondered if the woman wearing matched mauve scarf and shoes was a nod in Cerise's direction). But the cyberpunk parts were not bad.

The religion caused me to grind my teeth. SEXY BLUE JEAN-WEARING ANGELS. And now they want to have sex with me and suck my blood. Oh, wait, my bad, that was Laurel K. Hamilton. I guess we'll just stick with sex. It's a near-future theocratic dystopia. Which, you know, has been done. But the idea that because it is dangerous and unlawful, people stop having sex.... what? No! Also, also! Did the cop-partner have to have an Irish brogue? Srsly?

But if you have a yen for investigations of the nature of angels, try A Wind in the Door, and if you want an interesting Satan, Hell and Earth: A Novel of the Promethean Age (The Stratford Man), and you would get a more sophisticated view of theodicy from The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (Calvin & Hobbes).

We own the sequel, and I really really doubt I'll ever find the time to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel Protocol.