Todd Miles's Reviews > Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith

Christian Apologetics by Douglas R. Groothuis

Aug 29, 12

bookshelves: apologetics, philosophy
Read from March 06 to August 27, 2012

A textbook of this magnitude cannot be concisely summarized nor reviewed. Let me commend the book in this way: Christian Apologetics is solidly evangelical and Christ-honoring. Groothuis writes in a clear and concise way. The author exhibits a strong commitment to the authority and sufficiency of Scripture throughout. Christians will be encouraged and strengthened in their faith as they become convinced that there is strong philosophical and intellectual justification for their commitment to Christ. Christians will also be given ample arguments to engage our pluralistic culture for Christ. On a more personal and technical level, I was pleased that although Groothuis was supportive of evidentialism, he was not dismissive of presuppositionalism. He also held to the exclusivity of Christ, the orthodox doctrine of hell, and was compatibilistic his understanding of human freedom. This is a great summary text of apologetics that will benefit the college student, seminarian, pastor, and layman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christian Apologetics.