Kelly's Reviews > Golden Blood

Golden Blood by Melissa Pearl

Mar 06, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, book-i-won
Read in March, 2012

I found myself up at night in the bed with my kindle reading after my hubby fell asleep until I finished it! Good thing I had the next one to start into because it leaves off with more questions than answers!

Gemma is part of a family of time traveler's. She is just a little different than the rest of the family. She stays as an outsider at school because of her parents rules. These rules are no dating until college because they are to marry another time traveler. Also she stays as a loner (freak is the word in the book, but I don't like that word, it makes me sad for Gemma) because her dad could call her to a mission in a different time period at any moment! There missions are supposed to find someone in the past and save them because they will make a difference in the future.

Gemma is attracted to a boy in school who is also somewhat new. He is attracted to her as well. She, however, tries to avoid him because of the rules. But Harrison gets under her skin and they form a bond.

Things happen that change Gemma's life! Harrison is part of that change. The missions make her question things. Her parents make her question things!

But you'll just have to read what the "things" are in the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden Blood.