Romancing the Book's Reviews > Saved By The Sherriff

bookshelves: romantic-suspense
Read in February, 2012

Reviewed By~Aubrey
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

Saved by the Sheriff was an interesting read about a big city writer who comes to a small town to write a story in the hopes of getting the editorial job at the magazine she works for. From the moment she reaches the town of Royal things keep happening to her. The mystery is an old one that the people of Royal, Indiana do not seem want to solve. While all these incidents are happening to her the town's sheriff is right there helping her. Ben Hunter, the young sheriff, who returned home after a tragedy happened in Chicago is not looking to find love but he does with Jaime.

The suspense part of this novel was very well written. I tried to guess the ending many times and was surprised at the outcome of the 30 year old mystery. The characters that Preflatish created were exactly what you would see in a small town. You had the nosey gossips, the older men that do not like outsiders and the handful of kind citizens that want to get you to stay. All the characters were very well developed and popped off the page. I could envision each and every one of them.

The romance of the novel was very sweet and endearing. Both Jaime and Ben were shy about dating especially in regards to having a long distance relationship. The story was great in that you got a good mix of suspense/mystery and romance. I would definitely read more of this author in the future. I really liked the character of Jaime. She was stubborn, independent and a lot like myself. I enjoy reading books where I can see myself in the main character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saved By The Sherriff.