Kav's Reviews > Saving Hope

Saving Hope by Margaret Daley

U_50x66
Mar 06, 12

Read in March, 2012

Compelling and gritty, Daley tackles a sensitive subject with compassion. She doesn't mince words, but she does offer, as the title suggests, hope. I found it hard to read at times because she captured the horror and fear of human trafficking so well. But those scenes are balanced by Kate's determination and drive to make things better for the girls in her care. An artful show of contrast between the harsh reality of the streets and the second chance the girls are getting at Beacon of Hope School really makes an impact.

Add in the suspense that builds to a fever pitch by the end and Saving Hope becomes a real page-turner. As readers, we know some things the characters don't and that really upped the tension. Wyatt and Kate didn't know how close to evil they really were, but I did and it about drove me crazy when they refused to listen to my warnings!

Daley also manages to weave a winning romance into the taut plot. Emotionally charged and tension-riddled, Saving Hope is one romantic suspense you'll want to sink your teeth into.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Hope.