Romancing the Book's Reviews > Intimate Whispers

bookshelves: erotica, paranormal
Read in February, 2012

Reviewed By~Shyla
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

Ms. Carney takes the line, “I see dead people” to a whole other level with this spine tingling, supernatural romance. Intimate Whispers has a dash of mystery, a ton of passion and unique character conflict that kept me wondering what was coming next.

Sabrina, is what I’d like to call a beautiful mess. Haunted by the voices of the dead constantly asking for help, she’s grown used to a life of solitude, and seclusion. At times periods of black outs descend, and she finds herself wandering into places with no recollection of she came to be there. It’s one of these incidents that changes her life as she knows it.

Jason is Sabrina’s neighbor, and when he sees the mocha skinned beauty in the grocery store completely unaware of what’s going on his only option is to see her home. When she delivers him a cryptic message only his brother Teddy could know his belief in the supernatural and the great beyond is changed. Jason holds the weight of his brother’s disappearance on his shoulders, and Sabrina has just presented him with a chance at closure after two year of hell. Will she be able to help them or will the voices prove too much for her to handle?

The sex scenes were steamy, the character banter was witty and the unusual plot was not the norm. I’d highly recommend this enjoyable read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intimate Whispers.