Kristen Fiore's Reviews > 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1

30 Days of Night, Vol. 1 by Steve Niles

F 50x66
Mar 06, 2012

it was ok

This graphic novel in particular grossed me out. Between the concept and the imagery that pictures gave away, I’m glad I didn’t see the movie.
The setting for this was in Barrow, Alaska in 2001. It was the night when the sun sets for a month and puts the state of Alaska in darkness. During this time period, long story short, cannibals started to eat people. The cannibals (that I think were supposed to be zombies) had an advantage over the human race because of the darkness. They would eat anyone they wanted too. Later on after word got out to the “head” cannibal about what has been going on in Alaska, he goes to see what has been going on. He ends up blowing up city after city to destroy any hiders or survivors that were trying to escape. The husband and wife that were hiding had a fluid that the husband injected himself with and he became a cannibal in order to kill the other cannibals. The other cannibals ended up leaving Alaska and the husband and wife said their last goodbyes to each other before the husband died.
I would request this graphic novel to someone who can understand this plot better than I did. I’m not completely sure my summary of this book was correct, but it’s what I got out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1.

Callie Rose Tyler they were vampires

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam Schrader Cannibals? Zombies? You did read the book right?