Fairytale Nerd's Reviews > That Boy

That Boy by Jillian Dodd

Mar 23, 12

Read from March 06 to 07, 2012

Read my full review at The Fairytale Nerd.

LOVE:
Okay... let me enumerate the things I loved about this cute little book.

First, the illustrations at the beginning of every chapter.
They're not really illustrations in the strict sense of the word. They're more of doodles. But they're really cute, and they made the book attractive.

Second, the diary format.
I love these kinds of books because they're really easy to grasp. No need for flashbacks. The character development - how each character became the way he or she is at present - is also very easy to trace and understand.

Third, the heroine is not anorexic.
I love Jadyn because she eats. She has a love affair with food and her stomach is like a bottomless pit. You can even bribe her with food. I love these kinds of heroines. They show girls (and even women) that food actually makes you healthy... and sexy.

Lastly, the romance.
One word: Phillip. He's THE modern fairytale prince. He's handsome. He's thoughtful. He's devoted. He's romantic. He will make your dreams come true, or at least he will try to. This book is just so filled with moments that will make girls go "aww" and "ohhh" and even "ahh!"

NO LOVE:
I found these lazy words: "cuz," "wanna," and "gonna" all over the book I think that when a story is as engaging as this book, there's no need to resort to the use of these informal words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Boy.